[PC-BSD Dev] Making pc-sysinstaller more modular

Bruce Cran bruce at cran.org.uk
Sat May 14 05:30:00 PDT 2011

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 15:03:41 -0500
Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org> wrote:

> Yea, I like the code layout, much more logical for each page to be in
> its own widget :)
>
> Keep plugging on it, when you get it to a point where you feel its
> ready to be thrown into a snapshot for testing, let me know.

I now have far too many other things to work on (i.e. day job etc.), so
I doubt I'll be able to get back to working on this again any time soon,
if ever - certainly not in time for 9.0.

One installer/config-related issue I came across on a standard FreeBSD
installation and may be worth thinking of adding either in
pc-sysinstaller or as a post-installation step (if it's not already
there), is selecting which audio unit to use by default: on my new
computer, FreeBSD selects the NVIDIA (HDMI?) output, whereas most
people might expect the green jack on the back to play sound by
default. Having something up-front that tells people that multiple
output devices are present might be useful.

--
Bruce Cran