[PC-BSD Dev] GDM Thinks LXDE Is Installed (20110607 Snapshot)

Joseph S. Atkinson jsa at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jun 13 12:12:09 PDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 9:21 AM, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org> wrote:

> On 06/12/2011 23:33, Joseph S. Atkinson wrote:
>
>> Hi. I noticed something odd on the latest snapshot. I installed in
>> VirtualBox
>> with defaults, which meant just KDE. When GDM launched, it gave me the
>> option to
>> chose KDE or LXDE, except that LXDE is not and was never installed.
>>

> Odd, if you bring up the system-manager and look at system-packages, LXDE
> is checked right? Also, if you run "which startlxde" does it bring anything
> back?

Yeah, nothing. Here's a screenshot:
http://www.wickedmachine.net/~jsa/FreeBSD/pcbsd-nolxde.png

GDM also offers Fluxbox, but that is installed/working. The package manager
doesn't indicate it anywhere that I noticed, but I may have just missed it.