[PC-BSD Dev] PC-BSD 8.x WiFi kernel panic issues on Pentium-M

Rick rick at sloservers.com
Mon Jan 24 16:44:48 PST 2011

I'm having a wifi issue very similar to the one reported here:
http://lists.pcbsd.org/pipermail/testing/2011-January/004809.html

A short time after enabling wireless networking, the system panics and
reboots.  Each time rc.conf is wiped out.
I've tried i386 PC-BSD 8.1 and 8.2-RC2 and have this problem on two
similar laptops: Dell D610 and HP nc6000.  Both laptops are Pentium-M
class, 1GB RAM, mini-PCI.  I have tried an Intel NIC, Broadcom NIC, and
Ralink NIC with the same results.

Is this a known-issue?  Is there something I can do to help troubleshoot
this problem?

Thanks,
Rick