[PC-BSD Dev] pc-controlpanel progress

Yuri Momotiuk yurkis at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 02:25:23 PDT 2011

Hello

Sorry for long time silence. I made some changes to pc-controlpanel and add
some new features.

Place of my repo was changed. New url to wiki:
http://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/bCQSiytIar4jXCeJe5cbCb
I will remove old assembla workspace soon.
Wiki pages is not fully finished yet. Next several days I will repair some
mistakes and add some info and screenshots.
Now subversion repo divided to approved (pc-controlpanel) and experimental
(for possible future projects) parts.
I have added new project pc-bugreport to experimental projects  (see wiki).

pc-controlpanel improvements and fixes:

1. Fixed localization. Now pc-controlpanel localization for ui should work
2. Added 'desktop environment' group which contains items for configuring DE
(currently running DE by default)
3. Added dropbox menu for DE items set selection
4. Added some basic set of items related to KDE, GNOME and XFCE.
5. Added de-info script for getting current DE info and list of installed
DEs

Currently pc-controlpanel has some minor issues. I will commit in pc-bsd
repo when I will fix that.

As I wrote before, I added de-info script. That script uses by
pc-controlpanel for getting list of installed desktop environments and
get currently running DE name. I will add wiki page for that simple script
soon.

Now info which is displayed by script for DE includes:
* DE name
* Flag that indicates installed DE or not
* Flag that indicates if DE is XDG compatible
* Sudo command related to DE

I can add additional info if you will need it.

--
Best regards, Yuri Momotyuk