[PC-BSD Dev] using integrated webcam on skype

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Jan 5 07:45:57 PST 2010

On 01/05/2010 10:34, Alexander Kapshuk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got a Compaq Presario CQ61-110ER with an integrated webcam. I
> managed to get skype up and running on it under PC-BSD 7.1.1.
> Everything seems to work fine but the webcam. Any chance to get in
> working?
>
> Please let me know if you want the output of any commands posted here
> to help diagnose the problem.
>
> Look forward to hearing from anybody who may have some advice to offer.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Alexander Kapshuk.

Webcam support is still really iffy in BSD at this point. Once we move
to 8.0 you may see some limited support, but I'm not sure its fully
functional there as well. I know some folks are working on it on the
FreeBSD side at the moment, and we'll all be eager to see it supported
in the near future :)

http://www.pcbsd.com