[PC-BSD Dev] SystemUpdaterTray icon broken

Sam Lin semin2006 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 25 18:22:53 PST 2010

Dear PCBSD fellows,

A few weeks ago I reported an issue about the broken audio icon in my
taskbar on PCBSD 8.1 (i386) which recovered mysteriously. Recently I
noticed another similar issue in my taskbar icon but this time it's
the SystemUpdaterTray icon. As you can see in the attached snapshot,
the area where it should have been the text "SystemUpdaterTray" with a
gradient bar now only gives a question mark icon. Cannot figure out
when exactly this started. Just like the audio icon issue before, the
question icon in the SystemUpdaterTray does not affect the
functionality of Update Manager. It just looks somewhat odd and
questionable.

I guess there have been some bugs eating icons on my system.

Regards,
Sam