[PC-BSD Dev] [URGENT] PCBSD-related sites all down?

Josh Paetzel josh at tcbug.org
Thu Dec 23 11:15:56 PST 2010

On Thursday, December 23, 2010 01:02:40 pm Sam Lin wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Seems for unknown reasons these sites are all back now.
>
> On 23 December 2010 22:11, Sam Lin <semin2006 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all -
> >
> > Just now I noticed that ALL PCBSD-related sites - that include
> > websites, blog and wiki - appeared to be unconnectable (see attached
> > snapshots). Sites I have tried so far are:
> >
> > - http://www.pcbsd.org/
> > - http://wiki.pcbsd.org/
> > - http://blog.pcbsd.org/
> > - http://forums.pcbsd.org/
> > - http://www.pbidir.com/
> > - http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/PC-BSD_FAQS
> >
> > I have also tried FreeBSD sites, iXsystems and other irrelevant
> > websites but these are working. PCBSD-FTP seems still alive so I
> > suppose there is something wrong with the pcbsd web server? (or is the
> > server system on Xmas holiday?)
> >

> > Regards,
> > Sam

Sorry, I guess I didn't cc an address that would've gotten to you.

I did get your notification that things weren't working, I investigated and
applied some fixes that I think will keep the issue from happening again.  The
impact was the apache process in the pcbsd.org webserver jail, which coincides
with the breakage you were seeing.

Thanks for the heads up, sorry I didn't get a response to you.

--
Thanks,

Josh Paetzel