[PC-BSD Dev] PCBSD 8.2 and 9.0 tests - Language Selection not working

Sam Lin semin2006 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 18:59:34 PST 2010

I have tested both PCBSD 8.2-snapshot and the latest 9.0-snapshot and
realised that the Language Selection in SysInstaller is still not
working for both of them, just like what I had reported for 8.1
previously.

Considering that this may not be a big issue for English speaker
(hence may not be a priority for the project at the moment) whereas in
fact is a critical issue for non-English users, I think I now really
need to do something with this issue for the project. Please could
someone advise me what/where/how I should deal with this issue. All I
know at the moment is that in /usr/PCBSD/SysInstaller/i18n/ there are
binary .qm files which presumably are responsible for the interface
language in the SysInstaller.

I desperately hope we can get this issue sorted out before 8.2/9.0 are released.

Regards,
Sam