[PC-BSD Dev] CD version

Gerard van Essen gvanessen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 16:12:04 PDT 2010

All,

Will there be a CD version for PC-BSD 9.0?

I've installed PC-BSD 8.0 and 8.1 on a number of PC's that didn't have a DVD
drive. I ended up buying a DVD drive for one and installing the OS over the
internet on the other PC's. It took most of the night to download it, which
is OK, but many people of or a slow connection or have a monthly download
cap. With a 3 Gb download that's quickly broken or it eats into one's
download allowance.

USB installation is slow and older PC's don't boot up from USB.

For further adoption of PC-BSD I think we need a CD version too (even if
it's a smaller and limited version)

Cheers

Gerard