[PC-BSD Dev] R.I.P. DesktopBSD

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Thu Jun 11 07:58:47 PDT 2009

We'll, I'm not sure that they are completely "defunct" just yet, it just sounds like the main
dev isn't working on it anymore, somebody else may pick it up still.

However, if they are cool with it, we could always incorporate some of their tools
into PC-BSD 8. If we stick with the seperate LOCALBASE like we've been doing, we
could even bring their port tool over, so you could use it to build ports in a clean
/usr/local environment.