[PC-BSD Dev] vmap()-like kernel interface

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Fri Feb 13 12:46:23 PST 2009

Mario Pavlov wrote:
> Hi PC-BSD devs,
> I know some work for the FreeBSD kernel has been started
> that one: https://trac.pcbsd.org/browser/freebsd-projects/nvidia-work/vmap_like_interface
> I'd like to kindly ask you if you plan to finish it
> it's about those features nVidia requested in order to implement driver for the amd64 kernel
> so some of them are completed, see http://wiki.freebsd.org/NvidiaFeatureRequests
> if the other 2 that are left can be completed ... it will be absolutely fantastic ... we could finally see that driver we all long for ... after over 5 years
>
> thank you
>
> Regards
> mgp

Mario,

This work was done by a summer intern for us last summer. He had the
updates working fine on my test systems here, at this point we just need
some FreeBSD committer to review the fixes and get them committed to
HEAD for us. If you or somebody else can help in that respect that would
be great.

I'm as eager as you all for an amd64 NVIDIA driver :)

http://www.pcbsd.com