[PC-BSD Dev] New installer update

Ken Kasina kenkasina at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 07:57:34 PST 2008

Hi Guys,
I took much of the installer suggestions and tried to implement a couple of
them. As suggested, I believe that its best if we try and be different. The
idea of replacing the side banner with a top banner fitted well with me but
its already is implemented elsewhere. The idea I had was a custom widget
which only shows the names of "previous module", "the current module" and
"next module". Of course the current module gets more attention/focus. At
the moment its just and idea im floating with and wish to implement it soon.
Someone can know at what point of the installation they are on by looking at
the steps counter "step x of y".

I'm not good at graphic designer hence I cant get a good PC-BSD logo done
that fits well with the idea. I wish to request some help on that. If you
can do it, please help me out. The only specs I have is that the background
should maintain transparency or have the following scheme:

Blue = 221
Green = 227
Blue = 231

Hue: = 204
Sat: = 11
Val: 231

I have attached a screenshots of the little change.

Regards,
Kennedy Kasina