[PC-BSD Dev] New installer update

Fabrizio Parrella fabrizio at bibivu.com
Thu Oct 23 05:11:27 PDT 2008

I like it.. but how about trying to create something NEW?

this reminds me winXp installation with the blue left bar...

maybe something with a top bar (I know also that one has already been
done)...

I am not a designer, but what I think that would be nice would be something
like:

Display the text as a simple top menu (maybe with colors and similar), if
the text is more than XX chars, shows only XX chars plus a "...".  When
passing the mouse over, they will expand to show the whole text if that is
necessary
When the installation is on a selected part of the menu, that item will
display the whole text (maybe with a cool expand/contract effect), will
change the colors, maybe from a light gray text to a dark bold black, and
maybe the background from a bark blue to a light blue and giving an effect
of raise from the other choices.  if the item selected has  other possible
"subitems", they can be displayed as a dropdown, or as a second bar under
the first one that will differ only in colors and formatting from the first
bar.

This I think that it will give us more space in the center of the page for
some installation HELP that will explain the different installations, why
and how to set up an user, etc....

on the "installation progress", I would remove the menu showing only
"installing PC-BSD", maybe ending with "..." that area animated from 1 dot
to 3 dot and back to 1

other than that, I like the body of the page and the colors of it.

just my 2 eurocents :-D

Fabry