[PC-BSD Dev] PC-BSD and FreeBSD 7-Stable Source

Mike Jackson perigran.falcon at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 15:05:33 PDT 2008

In the knowledge base under the question can I update PC-BSD using cvsup, it
says the the system update manager is the preferred way to update PC-BSD,
because you might overwrite configuration files using cvsup.

If I open up system settings -> system manager, tasks tab, it does allow me
to fetch system source with csup.  So then, is doing a make buildworld and
make installworld something that is OK, or is it not recommended?  I assume
the custom PC-BSD kernel would still have to be updated using the system
update manager?

-Mike