[PC-BSD Dev] New installer update

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Wed Oct 22 07:36:47 PDT 2008

Ken Kasina wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> This are screenshots of the final proposed installer design. I am still
> working on the code and hope to be done in time for PC-BSD 7.1 release if
> not then we can settle for release 7.2. I hope you all find it ok.
>
> Regards,
> Ken Kasina

Very nice looking! I think it looks a worldLOT better than my old
design. Will we be able to have it automatically resize widgets when
different translations are applied? That was one downside the older
installer, everthing was designed with 1024x768 in mind, and sometimes
when you selected a different language which uses longer text for
labels, it would get cut off.

Right now I'm thinking that 7.1 will include KDE 4.2, which is released
at the end of Janurary, so that should give you several months to get
this working to a point where we can start testing with it. Will that be
enough time you think?

http://www.pcbsd.com