[PC-BSD Dev] Space Issue

A.Y. yerenkow at uct.ua
Wed Oct 22 05:38:59 PDT 2008

Currenly, on IRC:

cahimira    hi
cahimira    somebody cant help me?
cahimira    I am new in PC-BSD
cahimira    i have 7.0
cahimira    and I need upgrade to 7.1
cahimira    how I can upgrade without use the "System Updater" program?
cahimira    because System Updater say: "Error: Not enough free disk
space for these updates! You will need 2067MB to install the selected
updates"
cahimira    but I have space in other partitions

If PC-BSD really required some additional space in / for updates, isn't
this should be mentioned while installing?
E.g. Ask from user not 4gb, but 6-7.

If not - there must be a way to update using freespace in other
partition, or big updates = big troubles.