[PC-BSD Dev] Changes to the battery utility

Florian Stinglmayr fstinglmayr at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 01:46:47 PST 2008

Hiho,

I have made changes to the battery utility to support John's patch
on the powerd. It is now possible to select on which modes the
powerd should work when the laptop runs on AC line or on the
battery: Either adaptive (depends on the CPU load) or minimum.

These changes come from the powerd configuration file named
powerd.conf. It is assumed to lie in /etc and must be read/write-able
for the normal user. This way the user will only be bugged with
entering the super-uber-duper-user password when the powerd
itself is going to be hup'ped.

Could someone test this out for me, as I do not have an powerd
friendly hardware around.

Greetings from a snowy Austria,
Florian