[PC-BSD Dev] Sound Card Detection

carlos antonio neira bustos cneirabustos at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 04:10:31 PST 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: carlos antonio neira bustos <cneirabustos at gmail.com>
Date: Jan 7, 2008 9:09 AM
Subject: Re: [PC-BSD Dev] Sound Card Detection
To: Federico Lorenzi <florenzi at gmail.com>

Greetings :

but what about the case if you buy a new card  , it would be better just to
load sound autodetection at bootup , so you dont have to worry about running
sound detection , the worst of all cases is if it cannot find your sound
card in the xml file it  loads snd_driver this is SLOW.so pcbsd should have
in a crontab a script that fetches the last soundcards.xml from pcbsdupdate
server , if your lucky the new xml should have the info for your sound
card.now the thing is if snd_driver manages to load your sound card , we
must update the xml file , because we miss some definitions , that situation
should never happen , i hope.