[PC-BSD Dev] crossover

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Wed Jan 2 06:43:04 PST 2008

carlos antonio neira bustos wrote:
> Greetings :
>
> what do you think about crossover ? i only use openoffice  and
> ocasionally used wine to play wow , so for me it would not be really
> important to have but maybe future users of pcbsd would find it pretty
> usefull.
> this a discussion about freebsd support :
> http://crossover.codeweavers.com/pipermail/discuss/2004-January/005778.html
>
> here is the source code for crossover :
> http://www.codeweavers.com/products/source/
>

> anyone care to make it work in freebsd ? or some thoughts of the
> benefits of having available for pcbsd ?
> !DSPAM:1,477b800a588512060649422!
>

> !DSPAM:1,477b800a588512060649422!

Carlos,

We actually have talked to the Codeweavers folks about bringing
CrossOver to PC-BSD / FreeBSD, and we are very close to making it
happen. At this point the only thing really stopping them from doing it
is ensuring that it makes business sense for them to spend time porting
it over. Wine itself runs a lot better on BSD now thanks to Tijl working
on it over the last summer, but they are still some portions which need
to be fixed up to make it work 100% as good as on Linux. I know the CD
support is still shaky, and copy-protected games wont work on BSD, along
with a slew of smaller bugs. Take a look here at Tijl's notes to see
whats left to do.

http://wiki.freebsd.org/Wine

If somebody can fix these remaining bugs for BSD, then there would be no
reason for Codeweavers not to bring Crossover to BSD :)

http://www.pcbsd.com