[PC-BSD Dev] update to 1.5?

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Fri Feb 29 17:24:02 PST 2008

I will try your 1.5 release candidate for my further work.

The webpage at http://docs.pcbsd.org/guide/chap4.3.html at the bottom
links to http://www.pcbsd.org/?p=updates -- for download page. I think
that URL is wrong (since it is the front page). And should go to the
http://www.pcbsd.org/content/view/42/11/ page for System Updates & Patches

Will you be providing a patch to update from 1.4.x to 1.5?

Also maybe you can add a sentence on
http://docs.pcbsd.org/guide/chap4.3.html to clarify whether or not you
need to apply each update individually and in order to update.

Also the webpage at http://docs.pcbsd.org/guide/chap4.3.html says:

	Open the Start Menu and browse to "Settings > System
	Administration > Online Update".

That "Online Update" does not exist (in 1.4).

I clicked System Manager and the password popup was in an entirely too
small font. I had changed my resolution from 1280x1204 to 1024x768 and it
looks like that "Run as root - KDE su" widget thinks I am still at a
different resolution. That KDE Control window also had miniature font.
Maybe that problem is fixed in 1.5.

Can you update your document above to point to Online Update in correct
menu?

Thanks,

  Jeremy C. Reed