[PC-BSD Dev] Self Introduction

Adrian Punga adrian.punga at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 23:16:00 PDT 2007

Hi everybody,

I'm new to this list and by Tim's advice I'll begin by presenting myself.
So, my name is Adrian Punga, I'm from Bucharest, Romania and I'm 27.

My involvement with PCBSD begins because I consider this platform a
potential winner in becoming the Open Source platform for gaming and I
want to contribute with my experience in the game industry into
creating a powerfull game API suitable for commercial game developers.

My background:
I have been working for almost 2 years with Electronic Arts
(www.ea.com) after working before with Advanced Mobile Applications
(www.ama.us) and Ubisoft (www.ubisoft.com). Before that I was a
Network Administrator for Linux & FreeBSD servers.
I'm an Open Source addict since 1998 but I rarely got the time to add
value to it. I started a Linux distro (iTech Linux) 4 years ago but
never finished it but a lot of good things, like experience, came out
of the process.
I'm a developer and I can read/change/write code in C / C++ / C# /
Java / Python / Perl / Bash / ActionScript.
My longest programming experience was with Java and especially with
the J2ME platform but I also had extensive work experience with C/C++
& Perl.
I like that usability of the resulted applications be the determinant
factor in decisions within the code.

For PCBSD I'll start by getting some of the issues on trac fixed and,
when I'll be familiar enough with the philosophy and code of the
project, I'll start working on the game API.
After the game API is done I will create a game using it for
demonstrative purposes.

Hobbies: reading (mostly SF), travelling (mostly in Europe), learning
foreign languages (French, Italian, Spanish, Greek, Arabic, Japanese).
Hey I might help with translation, too :).

Nice to meet you all,
Adrian

P.S.: My picture is attached.