[PC-BSD Dev] New Developer

Tim McCormick tim at pcbsd.org
Mon Mar 19 10:46:16 PST 2007

Hey guys,

I'd like to welcome Justin Scheiber to the team as our latest developer.

Justin, we are currently few at the moment, in fact, we are three:

Kris: Founder/Developer - Kris works on the general system, does most of the
work on the PBI packaging system, and is currently working on setting up an
autobuild environment for us to make release engineering an easier task.

Florian: Florian was until now, our newest developer :) He's currently working
on a nice user interface for the firewall (pf) that we use. It's currently in
subversion, but he's working with Kris to get it nicely integrated into the
new network manager that we're rolling out in the next release, which is 1.4.

Myself: I try and manage the development side of things, but code wise I've
just finished the first draft of a new user management UI. I work on the
general system with Kris, and I'm about to embark on implementing feature
requests, and fixing bugs form the bug database.

So, things you probably need to know:

Our code is kept in a subversion repository, here: svn://svn.pcbsd.org
A web interface for repository browsing is here: http://websvn.pcbsd.org

If you're not familiar with subversion, drop me a line and I'll try to get you
started.

The bug database is here: http://bugs.pcbsd.org

Feel free to look through it, and fix bugs! We're mostly implementing features
at the moment, and tend to focus on bug fixing in the month or so before
release, which is currently pencilled in for June, so that'll start around
late April/May.

I *think* that's probably all you need to know for now. Did you have any ideas
for what you wanted to work on in particular, or did you want me to assign
you something to get you started?

Oh, contact information for me:

EMail: tim at pcbsd.org (Obviously), I check it constantly throughout the day
MSN: tim_mcc at dial.pipex.com (Legacy address, don't send email to it 'cause
it'll bounce. Still works for MSN though. )
AIM: mccormicksol
YIM: tim_pcbsd
ICQ: 32419791

Of the IM clients, you can find me throughout the day on both MSN & YIM, I'm
only on ICQ & AIM whilst at home though.

Oh yes, you might want to drop onto IRC from time to time, the channel is
#pcbsd on the freenode network.

That'll do ;)

Cheers,

Tim