[PC-BSD Dev] PBBattery utility
Kris Moore - PCBSD Software
kris at pcbsd.org
Wed Jun 13 06:46:42 PDT 2007
Great work! Can't wait to get home and try this out :)
Sent via BlackBerry from Cingular Wireless
From: "Florian Stinglmayr" <fstinglmayr at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 16:04:59
To:"PC-BSD Developer List" <dev at lists.pcbsd.org>
Subject: [PC-BSD Dev] PBBattery utility
Upon Tims suggestion I uploaded a battery tray utility I wrote some
time ago. The main motivation was to create something better than
DBSD's tray utility (which lacked apm support) and KLaptop (which was
APM only). The key features are:
* Runs as system tray application, with a dynamic icon.
* Two warning levels when battery state is low: A normal and a critical one.
* Support for both ACPI and APM. Though ACPI is prefered on 90% of
the hardware there are still some niche users who need APM.
* The ACPI implementation supports thermal zones (temperature sensors)
* Tim suggested that it would be nice to let the user name the thermal zones.
You guys may look over it and may use it as a bridge after we have a
Dev mailing list
Dev at lists.pcbsd.org
More information about the Dev