[PC-BSD Dev] PBBattery utility
fstinglmayr at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 07:04:59 PDT 2007
Upon Tims suggestion I uploaded a battery tray utility I wrote some
time ago. The main motivation was to create something better than
DBSD's tray utility (which lacked apm support) and KLaptop (which was
APM only). The key features are:
* Runs as system tray application, with a dynamic icon.
* Two warning levels when battery state is low: A normal and a critical one.
* Support for both ACPI and APM. Though ACPI is prefered on 90% of
the hardware there are still some niche users who need APM.
* The ACPI implementation supports thermal zones (temperature sensors)
* Tim suggested that it would be nice to let the user name the thermal zones.
You guys may look over it and may use it as a bridge after we have a
More information about the Dev