[PC-BSD Dev] hello

John Hixson john at pcbsd.org
Thu Jun 7 21:35:36 PDT 2007

Hi Guys,

I figured I could take some time and introduce myself to everyone. My
name is John Hixson and I am a C programmer that specializes in UNIX
systems programming. I am currently employed at the University of the
Pacific in Stockton, California as a UNIX systems programmer and
Administrator and I am fortunate enough to have the opportunity to work
on FreeBSD.

I met Kris, Matt and Brett at BSDCan this year and learned I might be
able to help this project out. I of course and jumping at the
opportunity and highly appreciate how welcoming everyone as been. This
is definitely not the welcome I received from the Linux community =o).

My skill set is all across the board as I have worked in a lot of
different  areas as well as tinkered with  things on  the side.  I am
willing to attack  any problem  and feel comfortable that it will
(eventually) get solved  =o).

Thanks to all for accepting me and I look forward to contributing to
this project =).

- John