[PC-BSD Dev] powerd replacement

Florian Stinglmayr fstinglmayr at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 13:12:40 PDT 2007

Tim McCormick schrieb:

> Hey Florian,
>
> Sounds like a nice idea. However, I'd prefer to have an updated powerd,
> than a replacement. In the best case, you'd make the changes, test 'em etc.
> and submit them to the FreeBSD tree :)

A good idea indeed. Though we could try to port KPowerSave instead.
KPowerSave is a Qt Tool used on Linux Distributions like OpenSuSE. It
uses hald and dbus to accomplish its task.

We could try to see how good it works and if necessary port the rest.
Because AFAIK KPowerSave is not in the ports.

Florian