[PC-BSD Dev] powerd replacement

Florian Stinglmayr fstinglmayr at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 10:15:01 PDT 2007

Hey ho,

I recently played around with powerd and looked through its source code.
  And to my humble opinion it is not very feature rich. Though CPU
frequency scaling is an important feature, it won't do other things that
can save power on a notebook, for example dimming the monitor, or going
automatically into stand by. Also the powerd daemon lacks some kind of
dynamic update and dynamic "profile" support.

Therefore I decided to either replace powerd completely or to update it.
What do you guys think is better? Or should we try to port KPowersave
instead?

Florian