[PC-BSD Dev] Battery Application

Florian Stinglmayr fstinglmayr at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 23:59:57 PST 2007

On 2/28/07, Tim McCormick <tim at pcbsd.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 February 2007 21:45, Kris Moore wrote:
> > Guys,
> >
> > With the new network manager & user manager going into 1.4, the only
> > other real tool we still use from the DBSD project is the battery
> > monitor. I would love to get rid of that also, and have our own little
> > power monitor utility instead. Do either of you want to take that on at
> > some point? It should be a small utility to write :)
>
> Well, I'd be loathe to start a new one without identifying what's wrong with
> the current implementation.
>
> Have we had any negative feedback on it? I've not seen any... (ignoring ACPI
> compatibility issues of course)

How about improving the one from DBSD, we don't have to reinvent the
wheel all time, don't we?

Anyway, Tim, can you implement the PF Manager into the LAN manager. My
old laptop broke and I cannot install PC-BSD on the new one (I have
some Intel ICH 7 RAID controller, but no drivers). That's hilarious
anyway: Intel ICH Raid Controler, Raid 0 with ONE (!!) SATA Drive.

I need some time to setup a development machine though.

Florian