[PC-BSD Dev] KDevelop Garbage

Tim McCormick tim at pcbsd.org
Thu Feb 15 13:07:08 PST 2007

On Thursday 15 February 2007 20:32, Kris Moore - PC-BSD Software wrote:
> Hey guys, just gotta vent here for a minute!
>
> The latest Kdevelop seems to be pretty buggy here, i just spent 4 hours
> converting the wificonfig tool back to QT Designer, after kdevelop
> screwed up all my code :(
>
> Basically the problem occurs when you try to create a 2nd UI dialog or
> widget of some sort in KDevelop. For some reason it won't tie into the
> right .cpp / .h files for the new dialog, and it even kept going into
> recursive loops and crashing here :(
>
> I'm not sure if this is a general bug in 3.3.5 of KDevelop, or just a
> bug on the FBSD version, but it makes it unusable for the wificonfig
> tool, since I need to make several .ui dialogs for popups and such.
>
> Just figured I would give you guys a heads up in case you run into the
> same problems I did.

Hrm... that's very odd.

Using the same version here, and the usermanager project contains no less than
4 .ui dialogs...

You need two classes for each dialog. The .ui class, and the subclass which
implements the code rather than the .ui.h

Which method have you been using to create new classes?

It's *really* important to shirk out dependency on Qt designer, since we're
not going to be able to use it when we switch to Qt4, they relegated the tool
to a plugin designed to be used by other IDEs (such as KDevelop).

Tim

--
Tim McCormick
PC-BSD System Developer