[PC-BSD Announce] FreeBSD Security Incident

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Mon Nov 19 07:29:16 PST 2012

PC-BSD Users,

As many of you are now aware, part of the FreeBSD build infrastructure
was compromised recently. Many people have been contacting us asking how
this relates to PC-BSD users. We currently locally compile and
distribute all of our own packages, and at this time it looks like
nothing on the PC-BSD side was impacted. However if you are a
"power-user" and have been manually using "pkg_add" to install packages
from the FreeBSD package cluster, you may wish to remove these packages
and rebuild from source. For more details regarding the security
compromise, please take a look at the official FreeBSD page below:

http://www.freebsd.org/news/2012-compromise.html