[PC-BSD Announce] PC-BSD 9.0 Released!
kris at pcbsd.org
Fri Jan 13 06:34:34 PST 2012
The PC-BSD development team and iXsystems are pleased to announce the
immediate availability of PC-BSD version 9.0!
Based upon FreeBSD 9.0-Release, this is also the first PC-BSD which
offers users a variety of desktop environments to chose from, such as
KDE, GNOME, XFCE, LXDE and more! Also available are pre-built VirtualBox
/ VMware images with integrated guest tools for rapid virtual system
deployment, and native support for installing directly to OSX BootCamp
A very special thank you goes out to our contributors, testers,
documentation team, and translators. Your help was invaluable in getting
9.0 ready for launch!
Some 9.0 highlights:
* Based upon FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE
* Support for installing a variety of Window Managers, such as KDE,
GNOME, XFCE, LXDE and more!
* Improved PBI system, allows library sharing, binary diff updating,
custom repositories, digital signing and more!
* Support for "freebsd-update" via the System Update GUI.
* New Control Panel, providing consistent configuration options across
various Window Managers.
* Improved networking utilities, including wifi quick-connect.
* Enhanced "Life-Preserver" utility for doing off-site rsync backups of
* New VirtualBox / VMware disk images, with integrated guest tools.
* Support for UFS+Journaling out of box
* New graphical boot options page
* Support for installation to BootCamp partitions on OSX systems.
* And much more!
Purchase physical media at:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Announce