[PC-BSD Announce] PC-BSD 7.1 Released!
kris at pcbsd.com
Fri Apr 10 07:43:09 PDT 2009
The PC-BSD Team is proud to announce the immediate availability of
PC-BSD 7.1 <http://www.pcbsd.org/content/view/103/11/> *- Galileo Edition*!
Version 7.1 contains a number of enhancements, improvements and bugfixes
from the 7.0 series.
* FreeBSD 7.2-Pre
* KDE 4.2.2
* The new KDE 4 printer applet enables users to easily add and
manage printers and print jobs without using the CUPS web interface.
* The Add / Remove Programs tool and the Update Manager have been
consolidated into "Software & Updates."
* The Updater Tray has been modified into a small tray-only applet
that shows users when updates are available. This is far less
taxing on the CPU than its previous versions.
* FreeBSD ports and packages can now be installed in a clean
localbase by utilizing the "runports" command.
* Greater stability for Flash 9 allows users to get higher quality
from Flash sites such as Hulu and Youtube.
* Enhancements have been made to PC-BSD's System Installer,
including upgrade functionality for those who wish to upgrade /
repair PC-BSD while preserving their user data.
* Fixes have been made to bugs in the Wi-Fi and Networking tools, as
well as to previous Linux Emulation problems.
For a full list of changes, please refer to the changelog
<http://www.pcbsd.org/content/view/104/30/>. Users who wish to upgrade
from PC-BSD 7.0.x are able to do so via the upgrade / repair option
during the installation.
Version 7.1 of PC-BSD for i386 and amd64 based platforms is available
for download <http://www.pcbsd.org/content/view/106/11/> from our
mirrors, for purchase from The FreeBSD Mall
<http://www.freebsdmall.com>, as well as via torrent from
* Download PC-BSD 7.1 <http://www.pcbsd.org/content/view/106/11/>
* Official Press Release <http://www.pcbsd.org/content/view/103/11/>
* Changelog <http://www.pcbsd.org/content/view/104/11/>
* Release Notes <http://www.pcbsd.org/content/view/105/11/>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Announce